About KU Pharmacy Summer Camp
KU Pharmacy Summer Camp gives high school students and incoming college freshmen a chance to see what the pharmacy profession is all about. Participants will spend camp on-campus, experiencing in-person, hands-on activities related to the current pharmacy curriculum.
Camp participants will be the given the opportunity to:
- Learn about various pharmacy practice settings including community pharmacy and institutional hospital practice sites
- Visit campus research laboratories and interact with basic science faculty
- Utilize the pharmacy school facilities including lecture classrooms and pharmacy practice skills laboratory spaces
- Participate in the hands-on, non-sterile compounding of medications
- Discuss current pharmacy practice methods with real life practitioners during a virtual tour of local pharmacies
Participants will be guided through the activities by current pharmacy students and school of pharmacy faculty. Join us in exploring the pharmacy profession!