Frequently Asked Questions
Your registration is complete only after you have paid the registration fee and signed and returned all required paperwork.
CAMPERS UNDER 18 MUST HAVE PARENT OR GUARDIAN SIGNATURE ON REQUIRED FORMS
Please download, complete and return (by U.S. MAIL ONLY) the following required forms packet by June 2, 2023.*
IMPORTANT NOTE: Campers will not be allowed to start camp until all required forms are completed and received by KU Pharmacy Summer Camp.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These forms cannot be returned via email because they collect confidential information.
Mail completed forms packet to:
Attn: Darlene Lantz
KU Pharmacy Summer Camp
2010 Becker Drive, Lawrence, KS 66045
* Printed forms available by mail upon request
In general, less is more for both camps.
- Single-day camps will be located within one building and all supplies will be provided.
- Overnight campers will receive a packing list in advance of camp.
Casual clothes, including shorts, t-shirts, athletic shoes etc. are appropriate. Open-toed shoes are not allowed in the lab.
All meals are provided, and there will be plenty of free snacks throughout the day.
Students may drive their personal vehicles to camp, but those who do will be required to turn in their keys to the camp director upon arrival. No one is permitted to leave campus before the end of the camp session without expressed permission from their guardian and camp supervisors.
Potential topics covered include:
- Academic Advising –Discuss academic requirements with School of Pharmacy deans and learn how to best prepare for your pharmacy education.
- Career Discovery – Explore the ever-increasing career opportunities for pharmacists.
- Site Visits – Travel to local community and hospital pharmacies, talk with pharmacy professionals, and see first-hand how they operate.
- Classroom – Watch lab demonstrations and hear presentations from pharmacy professors, students and deans.
- Laboratory – Work with current pharmacy students and learn more about patient counseling, diabetes education, compounding and much more.